A New Location
As we first communicated in spring 2018, we believe the Lord is leading us to a new location. Our current space limitations make our church feel like a place of hustle, busyness and stress and not a place of rest, peace, community and hospitality. These limitations are also forcing us to turn away children and adults from discipleship environments, from preschool to classes to worship services. Even more, we believe these limitations are keeping us from growing and making fully formed disciples across our church.
In praying and seeking the Lord for property over the last year, we feel that He has provided the perfect spot only a few miles from our current location. This property has good road access and will provide enough land for us to build what we need to build and give us plenty of space for parking. We will hold a churchwide member vote to purchase the property on March 31, 2019.
We will continue to roll out more information on the new location, but we invite you now to consider going above and beyond your normal tithes and offerings to give toward this new location, as well as our increased church planting and missions efforts.
1. Why are we moving to a new location?
We believe a new location will allow us to:
- Address current space issues – We will stop turning away individuals and families from our discipleship environments and create an atmosphere that feels more stable, hospitable, peaceful and restful.
- Grow more deeply and numerically – We will bring more people into our discipleship environments and be able to better make disciples throughout the week who are being trained and sent out.
- Increase our community impact – We will show hospitality to our community by hosting events and partnering with local organizations and ministries and be a greater physical presence in our city and the surrounding areas.
2. Where exactly is the proposed property?
This property is right down the road from our current Flower Mound campus, across 407 from Walmart and just east and running all the way back to Dixon. This spot is close to our current location, has great access to the property and will provide enough land for us to build what we need to build and give us plenty of space for parking. Though all this land would be developed, we don’t think we would use it all and anticipate buying somewhere between 35–40 acres. We envision utilizing the north side, with our main access point being 407.
3. What is the timeline?
We are spending January, February and March praying about this property and sharing as much information about it as we can. On March 31, there will be a churchwide vote on the property. Even though this is a Flower Mound initiative, members across all campuses will vote because of the significance and amount of money.
4. Do we have any details about the cost and features of the future building?
We are not sure yet of the exact cost, but we believe this land will cost around $9–11 million. As soon as we have an exact number, we will let you know. We are still unsure about the future cost of construction and building; if we move forward with the property, we won’t have numbers until later in 2019. The first step in all of this is to secure the land, and then we will begin to work with the landowner and architects to figure out how to best develop the land, maximize our space and minimize our cost.
5. How can I share my thoughts and feedback?
We plan to put together some intentional environments and feedback loops in the next few months. In the meantime, we encourage you to be praying about the property and the future of our church, considering these two questions: What are your biggest hopes for The Village Church and this move? What are your biggest concerns?